2021 Festival of Women
The Central Coast Festival of Women promotes and celebrates the work of Central Coast women’s groups.
“The Festival is held each year, around International Women’s Day on the 8th March. This year the Festival will be launched with the Tuggerah Lakes Art Society’s “Women in Art” Exhibition at The Entrance Gallery in The Entrance Community Centre on Friday 5th March” said a member of the organising group, Margaret Heathcote.
“The fifth International Women’s Day Expo will be held at The Entrance Community Centre on Saturday 6th March with the Women in Art Exhibition and an Artisans Market. The Artisans Market will be held again on Sunday 7th March 2021”.
“Also during the Festival, Gosford Regional Community Services will announce the “Wonderful Women” Awards 2021. Nominations will be accepted in early February”.
Other events to be held across the Coast from Woy Woy to Gosford, The Entrance and Wyong include:
- Community and Business Women’s Network (CBWN) International Women’s Day Breakfast on Friday 5th March from 7 am to 9 am at Mercure Kooinda Waters, Wyong.
- A luncheon celebrating IWD will also be hosted by CBWN on the same day at the Pullman Magenta Shores Resort.
- “All About Women” will again be live streamed to the Coast from the Sydney Opera House, this time to the Red Tree Theatre at Tuggerah on Sunday the 7th March.
- She Story will be holding an International Women’s Day Celebration Breakfast at 7am on 8th March at The Entertainment Grounds in Gosford.
- Also on the 8th March, Central Coast Community Women’s Health Centre is hosting an event that recognises the diversity and strength of women and offers an opportunity for them to develop new skills while having lots of fun, at the Red Tree Theatre, Tuggerah from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Another fun event will be hosted by the Country Women’s Association of NSW, Umina Branch. “Snowball Afternoon Teas” will be held over two weeks (dates to follow).
Elderslee and Central Coast Older Women’s Collective Action on Homelessness is hosting a forum on March 10th, “Creating Collaborative Housing Solutions: Focus on Central Coast Older Women” at The Red Tree Theatre.
- Always fun and entertaining the Naughty Noodle Fun Haus will present Rayon Riot III on Saturday 13th March at Ettalong.