Central Coast Marine Discovery Centre
If you’re looking for summer holiday adventures for the kids, then look no further than Terrigal’s own Central Coast Marine Discovery Centre.
We have been operating in the local community since 2010, and were established to promote the education, protection and enjoyment of the coastal environment for all age groups. We provide an opportunity to interact with and learn about the marine world with hands-on displays, aquariums, seminars, craft, education programs and external activities. The Centre runs in-house, school and tour programs. Many of our activities also give grown-ups a chance to explore special coastal environments with rock pool rambles and our signature Wings, Whales & Wildflowers Tours.
We are committed to reducing our impact on the environment, and to show that we are on the right track, we have recently been recognised as a Climate Action Business and gained Eco-tourism accreditation with Ecotourism Australia.
The Centre is located on Terrigal Drive, in Rotary Park, next to Terrigal Lagoon. We are open from 10-4pm on weekends, Mondays and every day during the school holidays. Groups may book a visit at any time. We look forward to welcoming you to the centre or on one of our tours soon.
Summer Holiday Programs
For more information and to book, give us a call or visit our website www.ccmdc.org.au
- Tue 7th January – 11am to 1pm: Marine Art Workshop
- Thu 9th January – 2pm: Rockpool Ramble
- Fri 10th January – 7pm to 9pm: Marine Science Series: Shark Behaviour
- Thu 16th January – 7pm to 9pm: Shark School
- Fri 17th January – 9am: Rockpool Ramble
- Thu 23rd January – 11am to 1pm: Marine Art Workshop
- Fri 24th January – 7pm to 9pm: Marine Science Series: Rocky Shores