News from the local Art world
Central Coast Watercolour Society
The Community Gallery, Gosford Regional Gallery, Webb Street, East Gosford. Open daily 10am to 4pm from Friday 28 September to Sunday 7 October. Official opening on Friday 28th September at 6 pm followed by light refreshments.
Over 80 creative, original watercolour paintings of varying subjects plus cards and unframed works will be for sale. Well-known Central Coast artist Cheryl Bruce, is our featured artist. Cheryl holds workshops and is a private tutor and a respected judge of many local exhibitions. Our raffle prize for the exhibition, shown above, “Cactus Flower”, has kindly been donated by Cheryl.
On Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th our ever-popular FREE Try Your Hand at Watercolour sessions will be held in Studio 2: 1 pm to 4 pm with assistance from experienced artists and all materials supplied.
Entries are now open for the 9th annual Lakes Artsfest. Artists of all ages are invited to enter works in this local, family friendly show to be held 7th, 8th and 9th September at the Lakes Anglican Church in Kanwal.
There will be art classes for children age 5 and up in the July school holidays and two fun watercolour classes for beginning adults.
All fees go to materials and prizes as we are a non-profit show. For more information checkout our website www.lakesartsfest.com. Like us on facebook or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Toukley & Districts Art Society
Federation Gallery & Information Centre, 1 Wallarah Rd, Gorokan (just before Toukley Bridge). For further info call the Gallery on 4392 4666 or visit www.toukleyartgallery.com.au
- Academy painting mornings every Wednesday from 9.30am – 12pm with mentor, Peter Tassell. Everyone is welcome, $5 per person.
- Abstract Painting Group is held on the 1st Thursday of the month from 1 – 4pm, with mentor Linda Baker. The cost is $5 per person and everyone is welcome.
- Drawing Group is held on Tuesday mornings from 10am – 1pm with mentor, Richard Jeziorny. Everyone is welcome, $5 per person.
- Costume Design Workshop with Richard Jeziorny Saturday 25th August from 9am – 1pm
- Alcohol Inks Workshop with Christine Raj – date still to be confirmed. Please check our website for the date and any others still to come.
ARTASTIC ART GROUP EXHIBITION
Saturday 17 November 2018. Living Choice Waterfront Community Centre, Broadwater Court, Carrak Road, Kincumber. 10am to 4pm. Parking available in Carrak Road.
Over 150 to 200 art works covering a broad spectrum of mediums and styles will be presented by residents of the Broadwater Retirement Village as well as locals from the Kincumber area. Demonstrations will be held on Abstract Art techniques, Sketching techniques and tools and holiday painting ideas for children.
Raffles, “Lucky Dips” and refreshments. Exhibits are for sale with raffle proceeds to Aussie Helpers Support Charity. Free Entry. Look for the banner.