Art at Work
Festival of Creativity
3-12 November 2023 | 10-2pm daily
Red Tree Theatre and Gallery
160-162 Pacific Highway, Tuggerah 2259
The first week of this November is your chance to celebrate creativity on the Central Coast…Red Tree Theatre is hosting the seventh Annual Art At Work – Festival of Creativity.
Locals are invited to view a vast variety of original art pieces by over thirty local artists. From sculpture to wood carving, glass works to ceramics, paintings to textile design.
- Meet the artists and hear firsthand the stories behind their work. See the artists at work and chat with them about what inspires them and learn about their unique techniques.
- There are hundreds of works on exhibition, all for sale directly from the artist. Browse for unique handmade collectibles and gifts at the pop-up shop.
- You have the chance to vote for your favourite piece in the exhibition, (the Viewers Prize is a great way to encourage the artist and their work).
Exhibiting artists each year are invited to participate in a unique challenge. This year the theme is based on this insight by Picasso: “Every child is an artist; the problem is staying an artist when you grow up.”
You will be surprised by the variety of work and different interpretations shown in this “ARTIST CHALLENGE”
- Listen to live music by local acts.
- Book for the theatre production – The Full Monty 3-11 Nov.
Come to opening night 2 November 6-8:30 for a preview of the art exhibition. Enjoy entertainment and light refreshments.
“When you buy something from an artist, you’re buying more than an object. You’re buying hundreds of hours of errors and experimentation. You’re buying years of frustration and moments of pure joy. You’re not buying just one thing; you are buying a piece of a soul – a small piece of someone else’s life.”
Opening Night 2 Nov 6-8:30pm – $10 entry
Exhibition: 3-12 Nov daily 10 – 3pm gold coin donation entry
Facebook: artatwork central coast